« Home | The war against smoking continues! » | Im taking the day off! » | Gotta customize this site » | How to deal with a negative item on your credit re... » | Finals are over!!! » | Exam today! » | Winter Sonata on December 25 » | Fire the smokers! » | Studying for final exams, part 1. » | Steven's blog site »

Credit Report issues, part 2

I thought Id answer some of the questions first.

Prince Romp,

That's what collection agencies do. My guess is that my account was part of a bulk of uncollectible accounts that the original creditor sent to the CA for pennies on the dollar. In other words, they probably had 100 past due bills they couldn't collect. So they sold these bills to a collection agency for 20-50%.

Pretty much they are trained to get full payment and will even try to bully you to get it. They will only negotiate if they believe that you wont be able to pay all of it.

Mamijarum,

Actually, I initially had to get a co-signer, but now that this matter is cleared up, I have to talk to the bank again about getting the loan on my own.

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger