« Home | Doggie Dont » | Blog Site or Advertisement » | Credit Report issues, part 2 » | The war against smoking continues! » | Im taking the day off! » | Gotta customize this site » | How to deal with a negative item on your credit re... » | Finals are over!!! » | Exam today! » | Winter Sonata on December 25 »

Bar Study, DAY 1

I got a MUCH needed haircut today.

Is it just me, or do the people at Starbucks intentionally make the place extremely cold to deter people from studying there? I better start avoiding coffee shops as a study hangout. Its beginning to get really distracting and I dont want to end up with a cold. All I really wanted was a cup of coffee anyway. I spent half of the day reviewing some Criminal Law topics before getting bored.

Before leaving, I happened to notice a couple walking in dressed pretty warmly. The weather this morning was pretty cold so that was prudent of them. When they were leaving, I noticed that they were carrying drinks in a clear, plastic cup. Which means that they ordered an ice cold drink! They might as well strip down to a t-shirt and shorts while they're at it.

I think you're right. Starbucks does intentionally make their shops cold so people do not stay for an extended period of time. Wendy's did the same thing... they made their chairs not-particularly-comfortable so people would finish up their burgers and leave right away.

As for people having cold drinks in cold weather... The first two drinks I made this morning was iced white chocolate mocha, and then a guy bought a pint of gelato for his wife following that. And Salt Lake City this morning was like 26 degrees!

harhar...couldnt agree more on the couple drinking the iced water

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger