« Home | How to capture and post your bar results screen » | Major ethical dillema over a $20 rabbit. » | More about me? » | Friendly prank turns into unfriendly divorce? » | Saturday the 14th » | Hehehe » | Awesome blonde joke » | Headache » | Short snippets » | I need some laughs. »

Goodbye Rex

Last night, I let the rabbit sleep in my room. I didn't want it to spend its last night alone. I did everything I could to make him as comfortable as possible.

I spent most of the night wondering what I should do. Assuming that he was paralyzed, can the vet do something so that he can live at least a comfortable life? I have heard a few stories on the net, but the majority of websites I visited stated that a rabbit's quality of life is very poor and euthanasia is the most humane option. The good news was that he was eating that night and seemed alert that night, which made me feel comfortable falling asleep.

This morning, the rabbit was on the floor and appeared to be sleeping on its side. I picked him up and took him downstairs where I tried to give it water using a dropper. He did not look well. He must have suffered last night. At 9AM, I made an appointment with a vet in Pasadena. My sister decided to come with me. When we arrived at the office, I decided to wait in the lobby and let my sister talk to the vet.

When I saw the vet leave the exam room, I came in and asked my sister what happened. The vet confirmed the worst: the rabbit was paralyzed and he had to be put down.

I looked at the rabbit one last time. Its eyes were closed and it was shivering a bit. It didn't make any attempt to move. I didn't say anything. I pet him gently one last time before I felt the room. I wish I gave him a hug.

Fifteen minutes later, I saw a technician walk in the exam room. She walked out carrying the rabbit and took him into another room. My sister then came out of the room and then took care of the paperwork. We left the office at around 11AM. It seems pretty quick considering the circumstances.

Thanks for the comment. I decided to pop over and check out your blog. I read this story about your poor rabbit. I would have been just sick if I had to do what you did for this rabbit.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger