« Home | More about me? » | Friendly prank turns into unfriendly divorce? » | Saturday the 14th » | Hehehe » | Awesome blonde joke » | Headache » | Short snippets » | I need some laughs. » | School starts tomorrow » | I spent a good part of the day studying evidence t... »

Major ethical dillema over a $20 rabbit.

I spent the day taking care of my sister's sick rabbit. The rabbit was initially scared of me but he soon realized that I am only trying to take care of him. As I spend more and more time with him, the more I think that the rabbit is paralyzed. The biggest tipoff was its inability to pee and poop on its own. I had to lift him up so that gravity would do the job for me.

I "volunteered" to take the rabbit to the vet. I say "volunteered" because it seems as if no one else in my family has any interest in taking this situation seriously. Which means have to give up study time (like this matters anyway). Not only that, I'll be really bummed if the rabbit is put down.

I, for one, would like to keep the rabbit alive. If it is paralyzed but it can live a reasonably good life, then I'll do what I can to make sure it does. However, this is my sister's rabbit and I am very disappointed in her lack of interest in seeking quick treatment. She also has no qualms with putting the rabbit to sleep. Perhaps this experience will teach her something. Or at the very least make her think twice before bringing another pet into the house.

Im still hoping its only a fracture.

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger