« Home | Lucid dream? » | I hate women sometimes. » | Off to exams. » | Talk to me! » | For those who didn't pass... » | The MBE was harder? » | What now? » | Old junk » | Aftermath » | Redemption and advice »

The chicken or the egg?

For the last week, I have had trouble sleeping. I took sleeping pills for a few days but the relief seemed only temporary and I decided to get off of them.

Last night may have provided more insight. I went to a friend's house where we drank, smoked, shared my misery stories and then played some darts. I got an email from a classmate who took pictures of me and the crush. When I looked at the picture, I couldn't recall the last time I looked so happy. Surprisingly, the picture didn't really affect me at the time. I digress. I went to bed in a relatively good mood and a full stomach. I thought I wouldn't need the sleeping pills this time.

I slept for approximately 2.5 hours. I woke up around 3 AM and when I realized that I wasn't sleeping, I just started thinking. And thinking and thinking some more. That's when those sad feelings seemed to creep up again. So it seems like the lack of sleep is causing my sadness, rather than vice versa.

So for the rest of the day, I decided not to take any stimulants whatsoever. I'll exercise a bit and watch what I eat. I hope that once I can get some sleep again, things will get better.

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger