« Home | 50 days to go » | 2006 is here! 51 days until the bar exam! » | A great cloudy day. » | What is a holla back girl? » | 8:32 AM (yeah, yeah, I know the title sucks) » | STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE! » | Staying in. » | Stupid Libraries » | Time's running short. » | Strangely enough.... »

Estate planning for broke people

I was studying remedies today until I realized that it would be more efficient to study this subject later in the month.

I was at a Starbucks this afternoon and I had a conversation with someone about estate planning. At one point I told him that many rich and even middle class people have some kind of estate plan. He then jokingly said, "There's no such thing as estate planning for broke people."

Now Im wondering whether it is desirable for "someone of limited means" to have an estate plan. Lets assume this person has no life insurance, no significant or unique assets (house, car, collection of Garbage Pail Kids stickers) and has a dead end job (fast food worker, intern, law clerk).
**For the legal eagles - lets also assume he made a valid holographic will.

Any thoughts?

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger