« Home | 40 days and 40 nights » | Can you see how many blogs I am holding? » | Day off » | Friday night » | Justice » | A wasted day off » | Blog Wars » | A day in the life of... » | Please forgive me... » | Tired »

My cell phone is officially broken.

Between now and the end of the bar exam, I am not going to answer my cell phone. There are many reasons for this, but they are all related to this main story.

Yesterday, a family member calls me up and asks if I can drop her off at the airport today. Initially, I say that I can't but she complains that no one else can do it because they are all working and I am the only person she knows that isn't doing anything today.

First of all, it was very nice of her to demand this on such short notice. But more importantly, I loved how she implied that I'm not working and I'm just hanging around and doing nothing. (sarcasm off). If this was a friend (even a close friend), this conversation would have been over within the next 30 seconds. But since this was a family member, and she sounded pretty desperate, I reluctantly agreed to do so.

I think this raises one problem that makes studying for the bar (and my life in general) more frustrating than it needs to be. People think I'm free. My friends and family think that I can drop everything at the spur of the moment and do favors for them, drop them off or pick them up somewhere, or fix their computers.

And I blame 90% of my problems on my cell phone. Apparently, the best and worst part about the cell phone is that it makes you easier to reach.

So beginning today until the end of the exam, my phone is "broken" to almost everyone. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they will have to leave a message. I'll call back if his or her message passes intermediate scrutiny (bar exam takers - substantially related to an important purpose? can't think of a good analogy) (everyone else - that person must have a good reason for me to call them back.)

I suppose I got a good half day's work done today. I got 10 of 17 Con law MBE questions right and 9 of 15 mixed MBEs right. If I can average 140-150 on the MBEs, I think the tedious outline copying will be worth it.

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger