« Home | I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!! » | Done! » | Pre-epilogue epilogue » | Random Insomnia » | Everyone is lazy. » | Essay Predictions » | Seven Days » | I SWEAR...I'M STILL ALIVE!! » | Day off » | Review »

Casualties of Bar - Part 2

I spent the last 24 hours resting. My brain still hasn't recovered completely from the exam but I'm hoping I will be back to normal over the weekend. In summary, the dizzy spells returned, but I was able to find a way to deal with it.

DAY 1

BEFORE THE EXAM - I forced myself to wake up at 5:15 AM. I only slept five hours the night before. Since I have never been to Ontario before, I wish I had taken a test drive so that I can determine the best time to leave the house. However, considering traffic (especially the 10 freeway) is unpredictable, it was probably more prudent to head out early and wait, instead of showing up late. After eating, dressing, and doing a few other things, I left the house at 6AM and got to Ontario at around 6:45 AM.

I felt like crap the moment I got there. I didn't feel completely awake. It's a really awful feeling where you want to go back to sleep, but you can't. My brain does not function well if it is in conflict physiologically. For the next hour and a half, I tried to focus my mind on something else. Thankfully, I met with an old classmate and we spent the next hour and a half catching up on old times. Unfortunately, it only helped a little bit.

At 8:30 AM, we were allowed into the convention center. The moment I sat in my designated seat, I felt a rushing sense of anxiety and dizziness. My mind went absolutely crazy. I didn't show it physically, but I knew this was the same experience I felt six months ago. Needless to say, I immediately considered leaving.

I rushed back to my car, cracked open an energy drink, and drank as much as of it as I could in 30 seconds before returning. I began to realize what was going on: I was having an anxiety attack. At that time, I didn't understand why it happened, but at least I knew that I wasn't going to collapse, faint or have a seizure during the exam.

I returned to the center just as the main speaker began the general instructions. I still felt the rush of dizziness and anxiety, but I was able to remain calm physically. I had hoped that once the morning session began, my mind would focus on the test and away from the anxiety. (But then again, that's not what happened last time!)

THE MORNING SESSION - Thankfully, my anxiety/dizzy spell wore off as soon as the test began. I felt slightly tired, but I was able to fully focus. About halfway into the exam, my stomach began to grumble a bit. The hunger got progressively worse until the end, but I was able to manage. But the worst came about two hours later when I was doing the third Contracts essay. The complexity of the problem confused me a bit, and as a result, I began to feel dizzy. So I stopped what I was doing and gave myself a break. I closed my laptop, took a few deep breaths and tried to clear my mind. I reminded myself that I was going to be fine and nothing was going to happen. Thankfully this technique worked, but it took five minutes to regain my composure. At that point, I read the fact pattern very slowly and I was able to write an answer before time expired.

The morning essay section covered three subjects: Torts, Contracts, and Constitutional Law (For some people, this was a repeat of their first year final exams.) The torts problem was pretty straightforward and limited. It involved false imprisonment, negligence, negligence per se, and vicarious liability. The Con Law question was a broad first amendment problem. Finally, the Contracts problem was a bit difficult. It asked about formation, breach and remedies. Unfortunately, I didn't give a good answer towards the end because the initial offer/acceptance confused me for a while.

Ok after reading this post i've come to a realization that you can't have coffee just yet. ;)

But you made it for the day without passing out... so congrats!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger