« Home | One day left... » | Apathy » | Happy 9/11 day! » | Insomnia » | Death of a computer » | Overreaction? » | Back to School » | CPA exam? GMAT? » | Now what? » | The one day hump »

Last minute thoughts, part 1

Today, three movies are playing on HBO: Rudy, Cinderella Man, and Field of Dreams. Faith is the common theme of these movies. Was this a sign?

Just to recap, this is how it went. My score on last July's test was a little above 1400, which means that I came close to passing. I knew I blew at least four of the essay questions and one of the performance test questions. I arrogantly didn't take BarBri or any bar review course. Yet I came so close. Why?

A good friend of mine who graduated with me did a lot worse. He was in law review, moot court and had a reputation for being a hard worker. He spent a lot of money on a bar review course. I found out that his July 2005 score was somewhere in the high 1200's! And last February, his score was in the low 1300's. Why is that? Since we live over a hundred miles away, it wasn't possible for us to share our stories in any detail. Anyway, he probably wouldn't want to and I wouldn't blame him. Perhaps things were going on in his life that I didn't know about.

Unlike the first timers, I have the benefit of a failed exam which I can use as a reference point. But Im beginning to wonder whether my score last year was inflated considering the crappy job I did. Maybe I had a generous grader last year, and now I have a tough grader.

I know I did better than last year. I just hope the same person who graded mine last year will grade mine again this year.

I'll be back.

About me

  • I'm Steven
  • I'm PASSED the bar exam!!
  • Next up, the CPA exam.
  • I need a life.
  • Email me

Recent visitors

Powered by Blogger